Here is a a slightly different version of my Gluten Free ANZAC Biscuits recipe that I shared a few years ago. This one uses almond meal and puffed millet and as a slice. You could use oats (although oats aren’t GF) or puffed rice, it’s just that this is what I had in my pantry. I’m always swapping and trialling different ingredients in recipes… some work and some don’t!
The end result was quite crumbly. Best kept in the fridge where the butter can set and hold it all together a bit better!
- 1½ cups puffed millet/oats/puffed rice
- 1½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup golden syrup
- 120g butter (you could try coconut nut oil if you can't have dairy)
- 2 Tbsp boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- In a large bowl mix all the dry ingredients.
- In a saucepan over a medium heat, melt the butter, honey and golden syrup.
- Mix the bicarb and boiling water then add to the honey/butter liquid.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Press into a brownie tin and bake at 160C for 10-12 mins
* they are a bit crumbly!
Lest We Forget.