Last week one of my besties was coming to my Vision Board workshop on her birthday. Some ‘baking’ had to be done and knowing how much she loves lemon/citrus treats, I decided to come up with a plan. These mini Orange Marmalade Raw Cheesecakes were born.
I really didn’t know how they would turn out. My measurements are rough as I admit, I didn’t write them down, but really this is the sort of recipe that allows for some variations.
Orange Marmalade Raw Cheesecake
- 6 silicone muffin tins
- 8-10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 cup + extra handful nuts (I used almonds)
- 1.5 cups desiccated coconut
- 250g mascarpone
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2-3 drops of lemon or wild orange essential oils from doTERRA
- Orange Marmalade to top (I used store bought)
- Thermomix/Food processor:
- First roughly chop the 'extra' handful of nuts and put them aside.
- Then place the rest of the nuts, dates and coconut in the bowl then pulse 4-5 times. Then mix at speed 5-7 until combined. If the mix is too dry you might need to add a tablespoon of water. I like mine a bit chunky still but if you want it smoother mix for longer. Set aside.
- Put the mascarpone in a bowl. Add the lemon juice & essential oils if using and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mascarpone mixture into the bottom of the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts on top of the mascarpone (adds extra crunch when eating).
- Divide the nut/coconut/date mix into 6. Roll into balls and flatten into discs. Place each disc on top of the cheese & nuts in the muffin moulds.
- Place in the freezer to set... at least an hour or 2.
- To serve, remove from the freezer and pop out each mini cheesecakes. You will then want to let it sit at room temperature for about 15mins so that the mascarpone softens. Spoon a dollop of orange marmalade on top. Enjoy!
If you keep them in the fridge the cheese will be soft and it will be hard to remove them from the moulds without the cheese sticking.
Have fun with these and comment if you make them!
Thanks you for sharing this.
I love your blog and Keep doing what you’re doing! Thank you for all.