Last week one of my besties was coming to my Vision Board workshop on her birthday. Some ‘baking’ had to be done and knowing how much she loves lemon/citrus treats, I decided to come up with a plan. These mini Orange Marmalade Raw Cheesecakes were born.
I really didn’t know how they would turn out. My measurements are rough as I admit, I didn’t write them down, but really this is the sort of recipe that allows for some variations.
- 6 silicone muffin tins
- 8-10 medjool dates, seeds removed
- 1 cup + extra handful nuts (I used almonds)
- 1.5 cups desiccated coconut
- 250g mascarpone
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2-3 drops of lemon or wild orange essential oils from doTERRA
- Orange Marmalade to top (I used store bought)
- Thermomix/Food processor:
- First roughly chop the 'extra' handful of nuts and put them aside.
- Then place the rest of the nuts, dates and coconut in the bowl then pulse 4-5 times. Then mix at speed 5-7 until combined. If the mix is too dry you might need to add a tablespoon of water. I like mine a bit chunky still but if you want it smoother mix for longer. Set aside.
- Put the mascarpone in a bowl. Add the lemon juice & essential oils if using and stir until well combined.
- Spoon the mascarpone mixture into the bottom of the muffin tins.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts on top of the mascarpone (adds extra crunch when eating).
- Divide the nut/coconut/date mix into 6. Roll into balls and flatten into discs. Place each disc on top of the cheese & nuts in the muffin moulds.
- Place in the freezer to set... at least an hour or 2.
- To serve, remove from the freezer and pop out each mini cheesecakes. You will then want to let it sit at room temperature for about 15mins so that the mascarpone softens. Spoon a dollop of orange marmalade on top. Enjoy!
Have fun with these and comment if you make them!