“You should write down your recipes” declared my husband the night I cooked this meal.
From memory we were talking morbidly about the quality of meals the family might get if I wasn’t around, and so my husband was thinking if I wrote them all down then should one day he find himself without a regular mealtime cook he might have somewhat a chance of replicating some meals! Now, let’s make it clear, I have no intention of going anywhere, but it did prompt me to photograph the meal and write down how I made it, and hence, whilst it’s not the most dreadfully exciting meal, it is the catalyst to this blog and so deserves to be the subject to of the inaugural post.
So, for a slightly above average mid-week dinner, here is my ‘Mediterranean Chicken’:
1Tbsp coconut oil
1 garlic clove
1 med onion
2 rashers bacon, chopped
1tsp chicken stock concentrate
½ cup white wine
600g chicken thigh chunks
10 sundried tomatos (SDTs, not STDs!)
½ cup mixed olives
1 cup green cauliflower
4 portabello mushrooms quartered
** can add whatever vegetables you like.
- Fry garlic, onion and bacon in the coconut oil. Add chicken chunks and cook until brown.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine (and why not have a glass seeing as the bottle is open).
- Add chicken stock concentrate, olives (with a bit of the oil), SDT’s (with a bit of the oil) and rest of veges.
- Cook until chicken and vegs are cooked.
- Squeeze half a lemon into the pan and add salt and pepper if desired.
Enjoy with your family!
Thanks Liz for liking my blog! You wil the prize of being my very first ‘liker’ 😉
Made the Mediterranean chicken tonight served steamed rice on the side yum thanks Annabel
Hey that’s great Lynette! I made a variation of it this week too!