I’ve already revealed my rocky road secret but for this year’s twist – buckinis. If you’ve been reading my posts recently you will have noticed these little things have come up a fair bit as I have been trying to avoid nuts and seeds but love to have ‘crunch’ in my food. Buckini’s are apparently technically a fruit and come from the buckwheat family. They are gluten free too.
So to make a completely gluten free, nut free rocky road without compromising on crunch or taste I have employed my new friend, buckinis instead of my usual slivered almonds.
- 500g dark lindt couverture chocolate ( for DF version use DF chocolate. Cheap chocolate will ruin the rocky road)
- 1-2 pkts marshmallows (I have just learnt today that Pascalls are ok as wheat glucose syrup is actually GF)
- 5-6 squares of proper turkish delight cut into small pieces
- 150g toasted buckinis
- 1 cup toasted shredded coconut.
- Note: You can play with the amounts of all non-choc ingredients according to your tastes
Makes about 1 brownie tins’ worth.
You can then serve in a variety of ways:
- brownie pan (line with baking paper first) – then when set cut into logs or squares
- loaf pans
- muffin pans
- in disposable cake tins
- in disposable cupcake wrappers