Oh My Goodness, how good does this look?! I can totally imagine paying $15 for this an a trendy little cafe. There’s my little boast for the day.
I have been seeing recipes on many of the blogs I follow using plantains (they are like large unripe bananas) and saw some the other day in a fruit shop so bought some and decided to give a couple of recipes a go. I have plantain chips in the dehydrator as we speak and made this fantastic pancake!
The pancake is light and fluffy and served with yoghurt, shaved pear and 11 seed & nut paleo muesli. So good with my morning coffee for brunch! The original recipe comes from www.thepaleomom.com.
- 1 plantain (mine was black but I think you can use when green too)
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup (optional)
- 1 pear shaved or thinly sliced
- dollop of yoghurt (can use DF option) to serve
- 11 seed & nut muesli to serve – omit for nut free version
- Cut and peel plantain (I had to slice the skin off)
- Blend all ingredients in high speed blender to make a batter.
- Fry in a frypan with a little coconut oil like you would a normal pancake.
- Serve with dollop of yoghurt, shaved pear and muesli.
Makes 3-4 pancakes.
Wow these look fabulous! Yum!
Thanks cloudthyme, I was pleasantly surprised!
Sounds and looks amazing. Thank you for sharing.
Thanks Tabitha. I made them again today with plantains that were almost yellow, not nearly as good! The black ones were great in this recipe.