I have recently started a sugar detox and whilst obviously a salad doesn’t usually have sugar, just being on the detox makes me a lot more creative with the what I cook, it gets me out of my comfort zone. Not only is there no sugar (including no fruit or starchy vegetables) I’ve cut out nuts too. I came up with this recipe as a means to add some colour into my salad via rainbow chard, and lots of nice avocado fat both in the dressing and the salad itself. A good old BBQ chook is a bit of a lifesaver too.
Creamy Shredded Salad
Recipe type: salad
- 2-3 rainbow chard leaves & stems - shredded finely (I chose a couple of different colours)
- 2-3 kale leaves (any variety) - shredded finely
- 1 large zucchini - noodled or grated
- handful of sprouts
- any other greens/veg you like
- 1 cup shredded roasted or BBQ's chicken
- Place all ingredients in a large bowl and toss.
- Add avocado dressing
Creamy Avocado dressing
- 1/2 large avocado
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Blitz all ingredients together. Toss through the salad.
Leave a Reply