Turmeric porridge – what a perfect way to start the day on a crisp winter’s morning?! It’s winter in Brisbane and whilst relatively speaking we have a very mild winter, the mornings are a little chilly and it’s nice to have a warm breakfast. I was going to make this ‘bircher’ recipe, but when I got into my kitchen, I saw my jar of turmeric muesli and I thought I could do something with that! So this is a super easy and flexible recipe – perfect for a mid-week before work/getting out of the house breakfast because if you have the muesli already made, it takes less than 5 mins. Or on the weekend, why not fancy it up with a few berries, drizzle of honey and hot drink on the side!
Warm Turmeric Porridge
- 1 serve of muesli
- 1 extra medjool date (optional)
- 3 drops of wild orange essential oil* (or squeeze of orange juice)
- 1 drop cinnamon essential oil* (or pinch of ground cinnamon)
- berries to decorate
- 1 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 tsp turmeric paste (you can do without this but gives a little extra turmeric punch)
- Place muesli, date, and oils in your thermomix/blender/food processor and pulse until at your desired consistency.
- Make the turmeric milk by adding the turmeric paste to the milk and heating either with the milk frother of your coffee machine or in a saucepan on the stove, or even in the microwave.
- Place the muesli mix in your bowl and then pour over the hot milk. Add berries and eat immediately.
For a summer version just don’t heat the milk!
* don’t forget, only use food grade essential oils, not all oils are created equal. If you want to order these oils contact me or see link on the website.