Quick Molten Chocolate Cakes
- 2 cups nuts (macadamia and/or almonds – I like to use all macadamias if I have them) – if you don’t have a Thermomix use nut meal
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 100g chocolate (use dairy free dark for a dairy free), I usually use 70% (plus an extra piece per muffin)
- 2 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 160C. Prepare 6 muffin tins.
- Blitz the nuts in the Thermomix until they turn into nut meal (you can leave a few chunks for texture) Sp9/3-4 sec.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix to combine (sp 5/10-15 sec)
- Pour the batter into the muffin tins.
- Poke the extra piece of chocolate into the middle of each muffin.
- Bake for about 15 mins – don’t over cook if you want the ‘molten’ effect!
- Stand for a few mins before turning out. Serve immediately or you can reheat them when you want to eat them!
If you don’t have a thermomix, just beat all the ingredients together (you’ll have to use nut meal or process the nuts in the blender or food processor) until well combined then pick up at step 4 above!
Enjoy. Serves 6
These are easily made ahead of time and frozen – just reheat and serve.