Looking for an easy dinner?
Here is one of those meals that can easily be whipped up for a mid-week meal, but feels a bit more special. The challenge I’m finding on the auto-immune protocol (elimination diet) is variety. When a number of usual go-to ingredients are no longer go-to, it is a bit challenging! I have to say though, it is forcing me to be a bit more creative, and I am feeling better and even lost a few kg so that’s great.
For the chicken:
- Bring about 500ml of chicken stock (see recipe) to the boil.
- Place 2 chicken breasts in the stock, reduce temperature & simmer for 4-5mins. (Lid on)
- Turn stove off and leave the chicken in the stock with the lid on for about 15 mins.
- Remove and slice or shred the chicken.
For the mushrooms:
- Pour about 3 Tbsp olive oil in the pan. When hot fry 1 clove of grated garlic.
- Then add 300g chopped mushrooms (I used portabellos) + 1 tray of mixed gourmet mushrooms. Sautee. Add more oil and a little bit of chicken stock.
- Cook until soft. Season with salt.
For the salad:
- few handfuls of mixed salad leaves
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup mint
- 1 cup watercress.
- 1/2 granny smith apple, chopped.
- 2 sweet potatoes roasted (see my tips here) in olive oil and salt.
- 1 avocado chopped
Toss all the ingredients in a bowl to serve.
Recipe serves 2-3 with enough for salad left-overs.
Tine Varvel says
Looks great plus loved the peach salad recipe!