There was nothing inspiring for lunch in my fridge today. As I have a smoothie for breakfast most days, I usually like to actually ‘chew’ my lunch and dinner, but today I thought I’d do a ‘liquid’ lunch instead of munch my way through lots of bits and pieces out of the fridge and pantry. The result was a ‘creamy’ parfait/smoothie. It was thick enough to eat with a spoon. Now I’m full and hopefully won’t snack away the afternoon.
- 1 banana (mine was fresh but could use frozen)
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or milk of your choice)
- 1 date
- 1 scoop protein powder (watch the type if you’re being strict dairy and soy free & omit for AIP)
- fresh (or frozen) berries to top it off
- 1 tbspn cacao buckinis (or you could use nuts or toasted coconut, or just omit)
Blend in your blender – top with fresh berries and ‘crunch’ of your liking. Eat or drink as you see fit!
Leave a Reply