I never knew how easy it was to make coconut milk! It’s cheaper too no nasty additives. All you need is desiccated coconut, a blender/thermomix and some boiling water. You can ever dehydrate the leftover coconut to make flour or use it up in smoothies or curries. No wastage!
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 4 cups boiling water
- Soak the coconut in boiling water for an hour or 2 in a bowl (or skip if you're impatient or need immediately!)
- Blend at high speed in a blender or thermomix for about 30-45 seconds.
- Pour into a nut bag held over a large jug or bowl. Let it cool for a bit as you won't be able to squeeze the bag whilst it's so hot!
- Squeeze as much liquid out as you can. Viola! Coconut milk
- Use or refrigerate.
The fat will separate in the fridge so warm gently and shake well before using straight from the fridge.