Are you looking for something a bit fancy to serve with coffee at a dinner party? Here is a simple but decadent recipe – combining the winning chocolate/caramel combo. If you use dark chocolate it’s dairy-free too.
- 300g best dark chocolate you can afford (I use dark Lindt Couverture). Alternatively you could make chocolate (see paleo/raw bounty bars for paleo friendly recipe)
- coconut cream caramel sauce
- 24 mini foil patty cases – (the tiny ones)
- Melt the chocolate in a stainless steel bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (be careful that the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water and don’t get water into the chocolate.
- Place foil casings into a shallow container that will fit in your freezer (could use mini muffin tin).
- Carefully drop about a teaspoon of chocolate into the bottom of each casing. Freeze for 5-10 mins until firm.
- Pipe a small dollop of caramel into the centre of each casing.
- Cover each dollop with remaining chocolate. You can sprinkle the top with shredded or desiccated coconut if you wish.
- Place chocolates in the fridge until set. They are best left in the fridge until you want to use them.