Apple Bliss Balls – allergy friendly
I was making a batch of bliss balls for my husband to take to work and thought I’d have an experiment with some that don’t have nuts or protein powder (so really not protein balls at all!). I think my tummy needs a little rest from nuts-every-day at the moment, so that was my motivation. So here are my apple cinnamon bliss balls – they taste quite light and fresh.
- 200g fresh dates
- 1&1/4 cups toasted shredded coconut (plus a little extra for decoration at the end)
- 1 large granny smith apple, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- Pit the dates and process in food processor/blender until finely chopped.
- Add rest of ingredients and process until mixed – can pulse if you like a chunkier texture. You may need to add a little more coconut if the mixture is too wet.
- Roll into balls and sprinkle with extra shredded coconut if you wish.
- Refrigerate or freeze.
Makes 10-12. I keep mine in the freezer.
If you like bliss balls, check out this super popular Beetroot Bliss Ball recipe and for a Back to Basics approach – here is my step-by-step guide to bliss balls….