This is my weekly supply of green leafy vegetables (with a few zucchini and asparagus). It’s mostly a mix of different types of kale (curly, Russian, Cavelo Nero – flat leaf), chard, silverbeet and sometimes greens I have no idea what they are but they look fresh and healthy when spread out at the organic farmers markets I go to.
My cousin has asked what I do with all these! So this post has links to some of my recipes that include these greens, together with a few other ideas. I’d love you to post your comments below about how you use these greens.
These greens are usually consumed within a week by my husband and I. My kids won’t eat them unless they are very sneakily hidden (like last night in my bolognaise).
- The vast majority of these are consumed in our morning Green Smoothie.
- I often chop them up and toss them together with English Spinach in a regular salad.
- Kale chips – recipe to follow but easily found online
- Add to bolognaise.
- Zucchini & silverbeet spaghetti
- Stir fried in coconut oil & coconut aminos with baby broccoli & mushrooms.
- wrap asparagus spears in prosciutto (par cook spears, cook, wrap in prosciutto then pan fry)
What are your ideas?