Did you know that my Sugar Free Sweet Chilli Sauce recipe is my searched for recipe online? It get’s the most hits every single day.
Yesterday I found 2 lovely looking red chillis on my chilli bush so thought it was time to make it again, but this time with a recipe that’s not quite so HOT!
This *NEW* sugar free sweet chilli sauce recipe is slightly simpler and a lot milder but still has a nice little chilli kick.
- 2 long red chillis - deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ cup tomato puree/passatta
- ½ cup water
- Thermomix version:
- Place all ingredients into the thermomix.
- Blitz for 20 seconds building up to speed 10 or until smooth.
- Cook on Varoma speed 2 for 20mins with the cup out and the basket resting on the lid to prevent splatter. The aromas are strong, so it's best to place the Thermomix by an open window or under the exhaust.
- If you wish to thin the sauce out, scrape down the sides and add up to another ½ cup of water. Blend until smooth.
- Place into clean jar and store in the fridge.
- Stove top version:
- Place all ingredients into a food processor/blender.
- Blitz for 20 seconds on building up to high or until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan, bring to a simmer and simmer for 20 mins. The sauce should thicken. The aromas are very strong, so it's best to have the exhause on high.
- If you wish to thin the sauce out, scrape down the sides and add up to another ½ cup of water. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into jar and store in the fridge.