I’m not one for secrets, but if I was, this would be the one I would keep! My rocky road is, I think, the best rocky road, and I honestly don’t say that about a lot of my things, as I know many others do far better other ‘things’. I think it’s the best because it’s about lashing out on the quality ingredients and keeping it simple. I love the crunch of toasting the nuts and coconut.
I will post separately the recipe with a twist (nut free/gluten free).
Here is the secret revealed….
- 500g lindt couverture chocolate (the really expensive one from fancy shops, not the supermarket- this is the real key. Cheap chocolate will ruin the rocky road)
- 1-2 pkts marshmallows
- 1-2 packets Allen’s raspberry lollies (the squishy ones) OR 5-6 squares of proper turkish delight cut into small pieces (from the fancy shops)
- 150g toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup toasted shredded coconut.
- Note: You can play with the amounts of all non-choc ingredients according to your tastes
Melt choc and mix in the rest but reserve a handful of the almonds/coconut to sprinkle on top! Pour into tin of your choice (see below).
Makes about 1 brownie tins’ worth.
Here is an Easter version – made with milk chocolate, rice bubbles, lollies, marshmallows and topped with easter eggs.
You can then serve in a variety of ways:
- brownie pan (line with baking paper first) – then when set cut into logs or squares
- loaf pans
- muffin pans
- in disposable cake tins
- in disposable cupcake wrappers